Re: (Fwd)

From: <carson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 16:26:57 -0500 (EST)

>>>>> "Andres" == Andres Kroonmaa <andre@ml.ee> writes:

Andres> the only way to cache passwd is to run nscd. I didn't... getpwnam()
Andres> has a limitation that it needs a free file descriptor below 256 to
Andres> succeed... Busy squid may have much more open files, especially
Andres> NOVM version. Squid code relies on this call to succed always, and
Andres> In summary, squid has bug, its being fixed, until then, if you run
Andres> it on Solaris 2.6, you need to run nscd with passwd caching on.
Andres> watch out.

I'd say that _sun_ has a bug, and I'll will open a bug report and yell at
them to fix it. Feh.

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson@cs.columbia.edu carson@tla.org carson@cugc.org
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.html