Re: cachemgr (was: verifying)

From: Lionel Bouton <Lionel.Bouton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:33:11 +0100

Tilman Schmidt wrote:

> At 00:49 16.12.97 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there anyway you can check how many proxy connections
> >> are active at any given moment????
> >
> >Use the cachemgr interface.
>
> I gather that you need a web server running on the Squid's host for that.
> Or is there a way to use cachemgr from the shell?

You can use it from any web server (it asks for squid's host name). I think
you can use the 'client' which should be in your squid/bin. I don't know
exactly how to use it, but it has something to do with 'cache_object'
retrieving. The command should look like "client
cache_object://hostname/object" with object = "info|stat/utilization|...",
see your squid.conf (where the cachemgr_passwd is defined) for a complete
list of objects that can be retrieved.Anyone can help me for the exact
command line?

Lionel.

Lionel Bouton
French student @ Supelec