Need help urgently: problem with transparent proxy (2nd posting)

From: Jack Lee <jack@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 08:36:00 -0500

Hi all,

I haven't got any respond from my first posting. So I am sending this
again. Someone please help.

The Squid (1.1.18) is running on Linux 2.0.32 with 256M RAM. Everything
seemed to be running fine except that we are having problem with certain
web sites. Two things seemed to be wrong. Squid seemed to not be able
to handle redirect and that certain graphics can not download properly.

Example: try: http://www.njit.edu (They are using CERN web server) .
During the download of their main page, some graphics were corrupted but
will work fine if we take squid out of the way. Next, when people are
trying to access a page that has redirect on it, it fails. Here is the
output generated from the client program:

client -p 80 http://www.njit.edu/Catalog/cis670

HTTP/1.0 400 Cache Detected Error
Server: squid/1.1.18