Re: Growing RAM usage by SQUID

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 23:22:18 +0000

On Mon 15 Dec, 1997, Bill Petersen <bill@psun6.dsccc.com> wrote:
>What did you have to do to make this work?
>Download GNU's malloc, compile and link with squid?

As I've also recommended before, try the malloc that comes with FreeBSD 2.2.x
and above (easy to find in any FreeBSD archive, as a seperate file).

If you look back through the archives to squid-users, I think I also posted a
patch to get it working on platforms that don't support the ANON_MAP directly.
Drop me an email if you can't find that.

James.