inside_firewall and hierarchy_stoplist problem

From: Dorit Eitan <dorite@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 09:06:58 +0200 (IST)

Hello,
I have an Alpha machine running Digital Unix, with squid-1.1.19. I have
been trying to configure squid to go directly to some sites, but take all
the rest from parent proxies. I have used hierarchy_stoplist for the
direct list, and inside_firewall for the local domain. The
hierarchy_stoplist mechanism works OK as long as the inside_firewall is
not defined. Once I define the inside_firewall variable, the
hierarchy_stoplist no longer works, and all access, except the
inside_firewall definition, goes through the parent proxies. Am I missing
other definitions to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Dorit Eitan,
UNIX Group,