Re: URL rewriting + ACLs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 16:05:57 +0100

Dancer wrote:

> HOWEVER, this is not a good idea if the file is cached under
> it's original (pre-redirection) name. Only if it is cached
> under it's new (post-redirection name).

I it is cached under the redirected name. If it wasn't then it would not
be much point in using a redirector for the original purpose of
redirecting a mirrored site to more one local mirror instead of 10
different mirrors around the world.

The flow is something like this:
1. Read & parse request
2. Access control
3. Redirection
4. Start fetch (or swapin on a hit)
5. When we know that the object can be cached (based on request and
response headers), then the cachekey is set.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker