Re: URL rewriting + ACLs

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 19:16:12 +1000

Yes. The script is passed the client-address as well as the URL, so your
script can choose.

HOWEVER, this is not a good idea if the file is cached under it's original
(pre-redirection) name. Only if it is cached under it's new (post-redirection
name).

Otherwise you get the situation where subnet A requests foo.html and gets
redirected to bar.html, then subnet B requests foo.html and gets a cached
copy?

How is this handled. I've just realised that I need to know fairly urgently.

--
Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon powerful
demons or rip holes in the fabric of space and time. It's never a good idea.