Re: URL rewriting + ACLs

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 13:09:20 -0500 (EST)

The question arises "Does Squid run the redirector before or after it
checks for an object in the cache?". If Squid runs the redirector and then
checks for the result in cache (which is the way I hope it's working),
then it doesn't matter which object is cached -- subnets requesting the
non-redirected object would get it from the cache, and subnets that were
requesting the redirected URL would get the new object from the cache. If
Squid checks the cache FIRST and then runs the redirector on the misses,
then problem could arise.

From my current script (although I've only been running it about a day
now), it looks like Squid runs the script for each request, and then looks
for the URL the script returns to see if it's cached.

        -Bill