Re: Is there a Squid port for NT going on?

From: Pedro Manuel Rodrigues <pmanuel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 10:14:33 +0000

   Well, no, it was not a matter of being ordered to. While i
introduced Linux to the company i work for, as a firewall and such,
we simply have already the production servers running NT. I agree
completely with you, but its hard to find a unused machine in here,
everything that is usable - 386 upwards - is running until is dying.
Unless setting up a 386Sx-25 with 8Mb and Linux is a solution - dont
think so. And besides i have more than enough server machines to deal
with, i can easily say no to another one. About all other caching
proxy solutions you mention, they are too cumbersome. MS Proxy sucks,
i've tried it, and the others have too much bulk, like sharing a
dialup connection and stuff. I simply want a caching proxy, and
period. The less resources it uses and the faster it is the better.

Best regards,

Pedro Manuel Rodrigues