Re: FTP in Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 00:24:24 +0100

Daryl Lim wrote:

> Just one suggestion . I would like to have a option that checks
> for if the file that the user is trying to download already
> exist in a special directory . So some of my clients when they
> try downloading large files like netscape etc .. It will be
> retrieved from that directory rather than from Netscape site ..

This can be done with the help of a redirector. The redirectors is a
easy and extensible mechanism for doing things like that. In this case
you match on the URL patterns that you know is downloading netscape, and
redirect them to a local server (almost the same as fetching from a
directory...).

---
Henrik Nordström