Re: FTP in Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 02:31:16 +0100

Dancer wrote:

> I just moved 1.2beta11 (with patches) onto our production server
> (Yeah, it's my risk. I'm well aware of how beta-software might
> behave). I must say that it's working _very_ well. For me, anyway.
> Don't try this at home, kids. Not on production systems. Let me be
> the idiot who gets burned.

Please report any bugs encountered, and we'll try to fix them when time
permits ;-)

Dancer, be prepared that we do have some big changes left to do and that
some future 1.2beta releases will be unstable or giving strange results.
Currenlty most efforts are on eleminating bugs and ease of
configuration, but hopefully the "real" coding will get going again
shortly (tomorrow in my case, well after I have slept that is).

You should also be prepared to lose your entire cache while upgrading
between different 1.2beta releases. The object store format will be
changed (probably more than one time) before 1.2 is released.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker