Logging

From: Ryan Matteson <x96matteson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 12:03:49 -0500

I have been reading all the docs and scripts on the access.log
file and was wondering if anyone has written a script to parse
the file based on IP address and domains or IP's that host has
hitten. My boss wishes to log all incoming and outgoing xfers to
see who is "wasting" his time on the net by looking at a
formattted list. I could write it in Perl but why bother if such
a script exists. Calamari works good but need the stats I just
said. Also, is it possbile to get this configuration on a network

INTERNAL Network ------ Squid Cache ----- Router

and force everyone to go through the squid cache. As it stands
now users can point to the router and avoid the squid cache
completely which negates our logging features and the point of
using the cache to reduce traffic. I assume you could add a rule
to the Cisco Router and allow outgoing packets from only the
Squid cache IP address but am not sure how that would be done.
Any info would be very much apprecaited...Thanks again

Ryan