Squid and libmalloc.so.1.1

From: John P. Pagano <jpagano@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:48:25 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone run into a problem running squid, in which one gets an error
stating:

        ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libmalloc.so.1.1"

What should I do about this? I really need to run squid, or something
comparable. My Operating System is FreeBSD 2.1.6, and I don't have the
time to upgrade to the current stable version, unfortunately.

--
John P. Pagano
jpagano@allegro.cs.tufts.edu