Re: squid ip cache or local named?

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:53:47 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Ming Lu wrote:

> Your patch? for which version?

I wrote it for 1.1.10 originally, then corrected it for 1.1.14, and that
patch applies without only minor finangling to as late as 1.1.18, based on
reports I've gotten from other users. The NOVM version of Squid doesn't
accept it quite as well -- odd memory-related problems tend to arise due
to some differing assumptions between the VM and NOVM versions, but
another NOVM user made some modifications to the patch to fix the problems
it had. I'll see if I can find it in my directories if you'd like. I
sent it to Duane, but I haven't seen it crop up on the FTP site yet.

        -Mike Pelletier.