ICP requests sent from udp_incoming_address

From: furio ercolessi <furio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 0:38:33 MET

I am running 1.1.19 on a RedHat 4.2/Intel platform, using
separate interfaces for incoming and outgoing addresses,
and I have configured a few siblings.

I gave my outgoing address to be inserted in the acl's of the siblings.
But, oddly, my machine generates *a few* ICP requests which are
seen as coming from my incoming address, and are therefore
refused by the sibling since that address is not allowed.
The majority of requests come from the outgoing address as expected.

One of my siblings also uses separate interfaces, and I observe
the same behavior: a few requests come from the wrong address.
In one observation, there were 207491 ICP requests (UDP_HIT 20389,
UDP_MISS 187100, UDP_INVALID 2) from the regular address vs. 95 requests
from the wrong address.

Why?

furio ercolessi
Spin - Trieste (Italy)