CAN I DO THIS ..

From: Brad Dixon <brad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 98 12:24:51

 Hi all ..

I have a small delema .. I would like to be able to run 2 squids on the one machine (on
two different ports) but at the same time share the cache disks. So I thought the
following would work -

 Install2 squids say one on port 8000 and one on 8080 or what ever point both of them to
the cache directory of /cache and also point both of their log files to the same
directory .. lets say /squid/logs.
 Now there will not be any dupes as one proxy will be used for local (au) traffic and the
other for international.

 Do you think this will work.. If not can anyone sujest anything else... ????

 Any ideas.. Anyone.

Thanx in advance Brad.

Kind Regards
Brad Dixon