Reg. Report generation

From: S Prabhakar <sprabu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 11:17:47 +0530

Hi all,

I am facing a peculiar problem. The users in my domain feel
that using proxy to connect to internet may slowdown
their link speed. I need to convince them that it is not so..
for that i need statistics like how much time it takes to serve
each request [Time of request and time it finished serving
a request]. But i dont see any such report in the logs..
I cant force them to use the proxy..and when ever link
slows down they think it is bcoz of proxy and they go on
to disable proxy and access sites directly..

Do any one of u have generated such a report already?

Please help me convince people that it is best to use
proxy and it doesnt affect performance that much..

regards,
Prabhakar S

PS: i have already given a presentation to them on need
for caching and why they should use it..If i could generate a
report and convince them then i think they may agree with me