Re: D-malloc for 1.2beta11?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 02:08:58 +0100

Ming Lu wrote:

> Could anyone give me ideas to compile 1.2beta11 with D-malloc
> (malloc-2.6.4.c)? I tried and it was not compiled. Has any one here ever
> used it? Or just forget it and use gnu's malloc?

Add the latest patches found on the homepage (the malloc souce is
missing in the b11 tar file)

./configure --enable-dlmalloc

You may have to build a statically linked version of Squid to make this
work. It depends on how your platform handles mixed archives and dynamic
libraries. One way to build a statically linked version is to add the
proper flag to LD_FLAGS in src/Makefile after running configure
(-static if using gcc).

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker