Re: Squid: Accelerator: Caching objects from virtual hosts?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 02:20:06 +0100

TBRIGLIA.US.ORACLE.COM wrote:

> Squid Users,
>
> I have noticed that when I use Squid as an HTTP accelerator, when accessing
> sites that are "virtual", performance is quite slow.
> httpd_accel www-syseng.us.oracle.com 81
>
> httpd_accel virtual 81

You can only have one http_accel entry in squid.conf.

Without knowing more on how your virtual servers and Squid is set up it
is hard to tell why you don't see the other servers cached.

Are you speaking IP or Host: based virtual servers? I hope this is IP
based virtual servers... This setup does not work well on Host: based
virtual servers, see previous post on this list for all details.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker