Re: out of swap file numbers

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 00:02:06 +1000

Has anyone counted how many times I repost this? Must be about 25 times in the
last four weeks or so.
(A quick check back through the message archive shows that it's been closer to
three weeks. *sigh*)

Okay, everyone. Sing along now (I know it's a tired old tune, but bear with me..):

"Reduce the value of store_avg_object_size in squid.conf from the default
value of 20 to 13 or 10. Then check the FAQ and documentation for why this is so."

The information is in the FAQ. I _believe_ it is in the release notes for 1.1.20,
and it's repeated over and over on this mailing list (about once every two days).

Tiziano Rosato wrote:

> My squid 1.19 in cache.log says this:
> You're in out of swap file numbers freeing 1MB
>
> What can i do?
>
> My squid run on linux 2.0.30 with 32 MB ram, 900MB of disk cache (770MB
> actually used by squid)

> TiZiano Rosato ---- tiziano@evo.it
>
> We strives to make all manuals, literature, and materials recyclable.
> No animals were killed, maimed, or mutilated in the creation or production
> of this software. However, our software engineers are tortured on a
> regular basis to increase productivity and general attitude.

Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will
be limited, and you take the risk of sarcasm and ridicule.