Transparent proxying issues.

From: Gilles Melanson <gilles@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:53:57 -0500 (EST)

Hey there folks.

This subject's probably been beaten into the ground by now, but I have to
ask .. I haven't been able to find any good solid reference to
transparent http proxying between squid and Cisco IOS; ie: how to set it
up. Does the squid host require extra scripts to run? Is there some kind
of setting that needs to be put in squid (other than the virtual port 80
and the 3 other lines of configs that the FAQ demands).

I've tried to add a route-map in the router to force the next-hop to the
squid box, but all I end up with is dead air on my web browsers
afterwards; they try to talk to the proxy machine and just stop dead.

Does anyone have a working config on both the Cisco and Squid side that
they could throw my way, or post to the list? It'd be much appreciated.

Thnx.

--
Gilles Melanson                 ViaNet Internet Solutions NOC
System/Network Administrator    128 Larch St., Sudbury, ON, Can P3E 5J8