Re: Transparent proxying issues.

From: Gilles Melanson <gilles@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 15:07:46 -0500 (EST)

> I've asked the same and was poletly sent to read the FAQ, section 5 is
> entirely about transparent proxy and explains how to do that with a
> Cisco as a router and (also) Linux as a Squid platform (together with
> other environments).

Looked at it, followed it to a tee (changing the IPs, of course) .. to no
avail. As soon as I implement the ip policy on the router, no port 80
requests go anywhere anymore. It's really quite irritating. Thing is,
the squid box is NOT logging these redirected hits (therefore it's not
seeing anything). Unless there's some difference between the way it's
implemented on IOS 11.1 and 11.2..? Or unless there's some other config
that I may be missing on the squid host itself..? This should be really
straightforward. :)

> One last thing - the route_map rule mentioned in the FAQ might get you
> a bit confused at first (it got me confused and heard someone on the
> list expressing suspicion), but it's OK - it's a "double negative"
> rule - hosts which do NOT match it (i.e. the proxy server) WILL NOT be
> blocked.

I was curious about that one. I worked it out in mind ahead of time.
*laf*

--
Gilles Melanson                 ViaNet Internet Solutions NOC
System/Network Administrator    128 Larch St., Sudbury, ON, Can P3E 5J8