Re: Cache-cluster

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 01:17:26 +1000

Dominik Weis wrote:

> I have one question about a cache cluster.
> When you have a DNS entry pointing to two IP addresses and one of the
> computer goes down. Now one of the servers go down. Will the cluster(I
> don't hope so) die. I don't know if the Browsers are intelligent enough to
> use the one that is still alive.

Some browsers are, but I don't believe the Windows IP stack is comfortable
with multiple addresses coming back from a DNS request, and discards the extra
addresses, only returning one to the caller.

I could be very wrong here. I was told this at one point, from someone who I
have reason to believe should know. If this is definitely _not_ the case, let
me know.

Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will
be limited, and you take the risk of sarcasm and ridicule.