Re: CONNECT_FAIL problem

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:55:32 +1000

Fine here, too.

ERR_CONNECT_FAIL means: The connection was refused (the webserver wasn't
running) or timed out (the webserver wasn't routable to (unreachable))

Can you telnet to port 80 on either of those addresses from your proxy box?

Malcolm B.J. Garbutt wrote:

> All works fine here
>
> On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Ben Couldrey wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I've been having a few problems with certain domains not being accessed
> > and was wondering if anybody else had problems. The domains are
> >
> > http://www.wizard-systems.com.au/ and
> > http://www.paritech.com.au/
> >
> > All I get from the cache.log file is ERR_CONNECT_FAIL or something to that
> > effect. Is there a FAQ entry somewhere that I can read myself?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Ben
> >
> > --
> > .Ben Couldrey | IIS Group Pty. Ltd.
> > .Technical Manager | TEL: +613 95250922.
> > .http://ben.webnet.com.au/ | FAX: +613 95250260.
> > The box said "Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0, or better".
> > So I installed FreeBSD.

> Malcolm Garbutt
> Network Operations-
> OZLAND.NET MILDURA.NET MURRAY.NET
>
> Office Ph. 03 50 212 991 Office Fax 03 50 212 932
> Emergency Ph. 018 596 150
>
> .....Bringing the World to You......

Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will
be limited, and you take the risk of sarcasm and ridicule.