Re: CONNECT_FAIL problem

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:56:21 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Dancer wrote:

> Fine here, too.

Same here.

> ERR_CONNECT_FAIL means: The connection was refused (the webserver wasn't
> running) or timed out (the webserver wasn't routable to (unreachable))

For some web servers, most notably Microsoft's, the connection refused
also can mean that the web server is too busy to respond to your request
-- that's what prompted me to write the connect-retry patch in the first
place, since users had no way to know that if they clicked reload once or
twice, the page would come up.

Maybe there's an ACL in place that prevents access from 127.0.0.1 to the
web server, which would explain why everyone else seems to be able to
access the page?

        -Mike Pelletier.