Re: how many disk

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 18:03:50 -0500 (EST)

Multiple disks is far and away better than using a single disk drive for
your cache, provided you have a reasonable load on your cache (that is you
aren't just caching for a group of 10 machines or something).

There is much debate over whether a RAID array or multiple independent
disks with seperate cache_dir entries will give better performance. I have
seen data supporting both sides of that argument... I use multiple
independant disks myself, although if you really value your cache the
fault tolerance that some of the RAID levels offer might be of interest to
you.

        -Bill