user name logs

From: Basavaraj K Veerappa <basavak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 11:46:14 -0500

Hi All,
        I want to log the user name for the requests coming to
my proxy. How can I do it? I tried "ident_lookup on", it didnt
help (I am not sure if it is the right thing to do).

        We want to restrict the connection to Internet through
our proxy . We want to restrict the http connections only to
squid on the router. I need to know the port number it uses
for it's connections. We are using a simple configuration
there is only one squid server . If I am right it is 3130
by default. Please help.

Thanks
Bsavaraj

Basavaraj K Veerappa