trailing slash problem

From: RL <sincerely@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 08:21:53 -0500

Thank you for your very helpful and enlightening information.

I have another problem I wonder if you have any insight into.

I'm using Squid in http accel mode, and have the backing server on port 8880
of the same host. That usually works fine, but if the user types (or the
link says):

http://myserver.com/dirname

the request is not handled by the squid cache, but is redirected to the
apache server that's behind it at:

http://myserver.com:8880/dirname/

and all subsequent requests go there.

Is there a way to keep this from happening, so that the redirects go to:

http://myserver.com/dirname/

and are handled by squid in every case?

Thanks again,

R. Laderman