Re: Squid server with 2 cards

From: Jeff <jeff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 03:55:59 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Alik Yuswanto wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I'm running squid version 1.1.20 and my server have 2 nic cards. One is for
> handling the request (167.x.x.x) and the other for serving the request
> (202.x.x.x).
> I want to edit my squid.conf but I don't know the syntax/command for that
> purpose.

I'm not sure what purpose you're refering to, but the following directives
deal with binding to specific addresses/interfaces for both incoming and
outgoing connects. Taken directly from the Example squid.conf file, with
some comments of my own on the bottom.

# tcp_incoming_address is used for the HTTP socket which accepts
# connections from clients and other caches.
# tcp_outgoing_address is used for connections made to remote
# servers and other caches.
# udp_incoming_address is used for the ICP socket receiving packets
# from other caches.
# udp_outgoing_address is used for ICP packets sent out to other
# caches.

You won't need to worry about udp unless you're dealing with ICP
communicating with other caches. I can't speak much on this, as I'm only
using squid in a single cache environment for testing.

Hope that helps,

-jeff