Re: Squid 1.2 & Error Messages

From: Michael Samuel <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 13:33:39 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Alex Rousskov wrote:

[ snip ]

> I agree 50%. Caching proxies are _proxies_. That is, their behavior must be
> transparent to the end user. Custom error messages (including, but not
> limited to!, language translations) are there to achieve this transparency.
>
> Ideally, Squid could recognize error messages from other Squid proxies and
> interpret them _iff_ cache admin enables such a behavior.

Doesn't squid pass on http error codes?

I suppose not all errors are covered by http error codes, but what's wrong
with inventing some?

[ snip ]

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael@surfnetcity.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/