Re: Is my cache too small or too big?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 22:37:21 +1000

Claudia Baertschi wrote:

> Thank you for your tips for my cache sizing reflexions.
>
> [clip]
> By the way: We do exclude the documents of our local domain
> from the cache. Therefore, in the squid statistik, they figure
> as misses. Is that normal or should I ajust the hit rate by the
> requests for local documents?
>
> (our hitrate is about 33%, with 4500MB swap and 230000 TCP requests
> a day).

I would recommend removing any requests that are on your own lan from the
logs before figuring the hitrate, and then figure the hit-rate in _bytes_.
It's a more accurate reflection of the benefit you are getting, IMO.

Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will
be limited, and you take the risk of sarcasm and ridicule.