Is my cache too small or too big?

From: Claudia Baertschi <claudia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 13:28:40 +0100

Thank you for your tips for my cache sizing reflexions.

I would like to track the parameter of LRU Expiration date. Does
somebody habe a script to catch that parameter regularely? I've
seen such a graphic chart somewhere on another server, but I could not
find it again...

By the way: We do exclude the documents of our local domain
from the cache. Therefore, in the squid statistik, they figure
as misses. Is that normal or should I ajust the hit rate by the
requests for local documents?

(our hitrate is about 33%, with 4500MB swap and 230000 TCP requests
a day).