Re: ACL

From: Milt Webb, IQ Software <milt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 09:21:37 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Andy Ma wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to set the proxy deny a particular IP
> to access a particular site (ex . www.playboy.com)?
> Also, it is possible to change the message reply from the proxy that
> said "Access Denied"?

A little non-squid trick I do on the firewall/squid box is put some of
these domain name in the local hosts file. I use an IP address that
connects them back to our intranet. Confuses the heck out of 'em.
-Milt

    milt webb - iq software corporation - 3295 river exchange drive
     norcross, georgia usa 30092 - 770/446-8880x245 - www.iqsc.com