Ideal setup

From: Gary Palmer <gjp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 23:25:53 -0500

Hi

I'm setting up a squid and I have a machine with 7 2 gig drives
to use as the cache store (another 2 gig for root, etc). The
machine will be running FreeBSD. I have a couple of questions:

- What is the best version of squid for a production environment?
  (even just for testing)

- What is the best way to handle the drives? Leave them as individual
  drives and just tell squid to use 7 2 gig subdirectories, or
  stripe the drive?

Thanks,

Gary Palmer
NOC Supervisor