Re: Cache local ips

From: Michael Samuel <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:40:20 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Rania Fakhoury wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:07:12 +0200
> From: Rania Fakhoury <raniaf@cyberia.net.lb>
> To: "'squid-users@nlanr.net'" <squid-users@nlanr.net>
> Subject: Cache local ips
>

> Hi all,
>
> I have the following settings:
>
> I have a.b.c local ips within my network. I dont want to cache anything from this ips. How can I do that?
> If I use the cache-stoplist or cache pattern, I will have a huge list of things not to cache.

Umm... Why not? I personally set my client's browsers to bypass the proxy
for my local domain, but it doesn't really matter, because squid isn't
totally braindead, so if the object is updated, squid will update it
pretty soon, or immediately when you hit the reload button on your
browser.

Just 1 question:

What would you prefer:

1) Have your proxy handle the request, and retrieve 1 in every 200
requests from your web server, and only cause load on your proxy.

2) Have your proxy handle the request, and retrieve 200 in every 200
requests from your web server, and create a load on both your proxy and
your web server.

> Using squid 1.1.20 on linux 2.0.33
>
> Rania

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael@surfnetcity.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/