Cancelling a large download

From: Michael Ryan <mike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:18:38 PST

Hi all,

From my WinNT Netscape browser, I clicked a URL. It was
a link to a very large executable. I was asked (by Netscape)
which file did I want to save it to. I hit the "Cancel" button.

Some time later, I noticed heavy traffic over my (dial-up PPP)
link. Investigation showed it to be Squid downloading into
its cache the file whose download I had cancelled within
Netscape.

Is there any way to have Squid cancel the download into its
cache when the end-user cancels from within their browser?

I pay by time for my PPP link, and this download would have
taken a couple of hours!

Bye,
Mike
<mike@NetworX.ie>