Re: Cancelling a large download

From: Niall Doherty <eeindy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:24:32 +0000

Hi Mike,

> Is there any way to have Squid cancel the download into its
> cache when the end-user cancels from within their browser?

Yep. See the extract from my squid.conf below.

--
#  TAG: quick_abort
#       By default the cache continues to retrieve objects from
#       aborted requests.  This may be undesirable on slow (e.g. SLIP)
#       links and/or very busy caches.  Impatient users may tie up
#       file descriptors by repeatedly aborting and re-requesting
#       non-cachable objects.
#
#       Usage: quick_abort    min-kbytes percent max-kbytes
#
#       When the user aborts a request, Squid will check the
#       quick_abort values to the amount of data transfered until
#       then.
#
#       If the transfer has less than 'min-kbytes' remaining, it
#       will finish the retrieval.  Setting minlength to -1 will
#       disable the quick_abort feature.
#
#       If the transfer has more than 'max-kbytes' remaining, it
#       will abort the retrieval.
#
#       If more than 'percent' of the transfer has completed, it will
#       finish the retrieval.
#
#quick_abort    -1 0 0
quick_abort 5 90 100