Re: Transparent Proxy

From: Michael Samuel <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:48:09 +1100 (EST)

If you are using Linux to transparently proxy, kill squid on the intel
box, and redirect all the traffic to your digital box using transproxy
<URL:ftp://ftp.nlc.net.au/pub/linux/www/transproxy-0.3.tgz>.

(A hint for you linux users out there: Use an IP address, not hostname for
the command line in transproxy if you want descent speed!)

If you aren't running Linux, can you please tell me your setup.

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, A.Saeed wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:11:09 +0500 (PKT)
> From: "A.Saeed" <arsh@its.super.net.pk>
> To: squid-users@nlanr.net
> Subject: Transparent Proxy
>

> I have an intel based machine which is now a transparent Proxy Server and
> I want to insert an another Digital Server in to my Caching Setup .Which
> will be the best solution >
>
> -----requests----Transparent Proxy --------> Backbone.
>
> Where I should insert my digital machine ?
>
> as sibling or as parent ? If parent what will be the option when parent
> brought a page from the original server and it will saved it to locally
> so that my digital machine can work ?
>
> Thanx in advance.
>
> Regards
> arshad

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael@surfnetcity.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/