Re: Server hang (aiee:scheduling in interrupt)

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 23:44:54 -0500 (EST)

Although it sounds to me like it's probably a software problem, I have
often resolved interrupt problems that seem to be random glitches (which
is typical of hardware of course) by doing the following:

(these are all BIOS parameters)
        * Set IRQ triggering to LEVEL (increases resistance to noise on
          the PCI bus)

        * Add a few more delays to PCI transactions (32 -> 64, 64 -> 96,
          etc.)

        * Disable any power management settings that may be active

You might also want to play around with some of the other PCI settings. I
have solved some IRQ problems that I could have sworn were software
problems by doing one of more of the above tweaks. If your system is
running right on the edge between working and crashing you want to give it
that little nudge to keep it from falling on the (dictated by Murphy's
law) crashing side. Hope this helps!

        -Bill