Squid behind a firewall

From: Basil McCrea <mccrebsi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:13:27 +0100

Hi,

I have Squid running behind Checkpoint's Firewall-1. I have problems
with ftp when the ftp security server (it's needed amoung other
things for virus scanning) on the firewall is running. Attempts to
access an ftp URL causes the following error:

While trying to retrieve the URL: ftp://ftp.leo.org/

The following FTP error was encountered:

    Security server forbids NLST before PORT/PASV.

This means that:

    An FTP protocol error occurred. Please try again.

It seems to only affect directory browsing, if a complete URL is used
the download is (normally) successful. It happens with other versions
but the lastest I've tried is 1.1.20.

Has anybody had this problem, if so can anything be done about it?

TIA

Basil