Re: cachemgr.cgi

From: Armin Kunaschik <ark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:08:18 +0200

>ACL's in access lines are ANDed together.
>
>http_access deny manager !localhost !admin
>
>..means deny access to any source address which is not 127.0.0.1/32 _and_
>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 _at_the_same_time..
>
>which it cannot be. A connection only has one source address.
Ok, but you could read this as "deny access to all except user not from
localhost and not
from admin host".. as I did.

>What you _meant_ was this:
>
>http_access allow manager localhost
>http_access allow manager admin
>http_access deny manager all
So far so good.

But why does
http_access deny manager !localhost !admin
work (!!!) and
http_access deny manager !localhost
doesn't?
Squid host = http host and localhost = admin (although they have different
ip's)

I thought I asked the question that way but looks like I did it a little
fuzzy.

Armin