squid got "stuck" on an "access denied" (somewhat urgent)

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 21:32:36 +0100

Morning everyone. I got a cute problem for you.

A few time ago, we tried to peer with another cache (sibling). During the
initial phase, the other side got something wrong so while we were getting
back ICP_HITs, the actual HTTP request was refused, which resulted in

Access Denied

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:
http://www.eu.microsoft.com/germany/

generated by the remote cache getting served to our users. They didn't
manage to fix this and some other problems, so we aren't peering with them
any longer.

BUT:

Anyone requesting http://www.eu.microsoft.com/germany/ from our cache STILL
gets the error message!!!

888265045.137 11 194.77.23.31 TCP_HIT/400 551 GET http://www.eu.microsoft.com/germany/ - NONE/- text/html
888265094.686 10 194.77.23.31 TCP_IMS_HIT/304 54 GET http://www.eu.microsoft.com/germany/ - NONE/- -

I can't get rid of it with the refresh button of the browser, not even using
cachemgr.cgi.

This is rather urgent, as the "www.eu.microsoft.com" might suggest, this
page is requested fairly often ;-)

Purging the entire cache is NO option.

It would also be interesting to determine how many other bombs like this are
lurking in the cache, so we could get rid of those too...

Thanks in advance,
             Lars

--
Lars Marowsky-Bree  :homepage email: \ geek, BOFH, psychopath, magician, /
 http://teuto.net/~lmb/ lmb@teuto.net \ killer, looney, genius, pervert /