Re: Squid sometimes doesn't use unlinkd

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Feb 1998 14:26:41 +0100

In article <199802241237.XAA32592@grey.interact.net.au>,
Tom Minchin <tom@interact.net.au> wrote:
>Miquel van Smoorenburg said:
>> I've asked this before but got no replies, but I can't imagine I'm the
>> only one seeing this. Every once in a while our squid server (1.1.20 novm)
>> decides not to use unlinkd and does the unlinking itself. Here's part
>> from an strace on a running squid:
>>
>Same here (Linux 2.0.33/1.NOVM.20).
>
>I've mentioned it before and from memory you said you had the same problem
>but it had started working shortly after stracing an idle unlinkd.

Ah yes Tom, you were the only one who also has this problem (I think).
I've investigated the source and it should just work, I cannot see
why squid would start doing the unlinking itself....

However, every morning at 05:05 we reload squid for reasons I cannot quite
remember anymore.. :). Perhaps the reload code somehow messes things up ?

Mike.

--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg |  The dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac lay in his bed
    miquels@cistron.nl  |  awake all night wondering if there is a doG