Re: How to expain the user message?

From: Michael Samuel <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:13:10 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Julie Xu wrote:

> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:23:26 +1000 (EET)
> From: Julie Xu <julie@tscc2.macarthur.uws.EDU.AU>
> To: squid-users@nlanr.net
> Subject: How to expain the user message?
>

> We are trying ask users to use proxy server, and I have got an user message:
> How does this work for pages that have been updated since they were first
> downloaded ? Will there be a dely in receiving the most current info ?
> What about real time pages like pointcast?

Squid looks for Expires: headers in documents, as well as many other nifty
tricks to 'know' when the document should be refreshed. It wont cache any
cgi stuff if it's configured properly.

If you are certain that it has updated, in Netscape and lynx you can
reload the document and it will go direct.

> How can I answer the questions?
>
> Any comments will be approciated
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Julie

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael@surfnetcity.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/