Re: How to expain the user message?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:26:26 +1000

That's always a concern. Tell them that the proxy:

* Uses Intelligent Caching Technology(tm, if we were microsoft)
* Stores pages as a percentage of their age, so that less-frequently modified
pages get stored longer, and more frequently modified pages get stored for less
time.
* Acknowledges the standard HTTP cache-control mechanisms, which Web authors and
administrators _do_ use to control when and how long their pages might be
cached.
* That it isn't totally perfect, but it's pretty close.

--
Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will