Re: 1.1.17NOVM Connect-Retry Patch

From: Daryl Lim <dlim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:09:06 +0000

> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:08:11 -0500 (EST)
> From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@comshare.com>
> To: Daryl Lim <dlim@ihug.co.nz>
> Cc: squid-users@oceana.nlanr.net
> Subject: Re: 1.1.17NOVM Connect-Retry Patch

> On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Daryl Lim wrote:
>
> > Although I am using Squid 1.1.18NOVM as when I looked last time there
> > was no patch for 1.1.18NOVM so I guess 1.1.17 patch is close
> > enough/better than 1.1.20NOVM . Anyway after using it for a while . I
> > find that Squid doesn't rotate logfiles daily anymore . I didn't touch
> > the squid.conf file .. It was rotating the log files daily before and
> > when I switched back to the non-patched Squid it rotated the logs daily.
>
> If you look at the patch, it is very tightly targeted to only the
> connection-related aspects of Squid. I'm running 1.1.20+retry, which
> differs very slightly from 1.NOVM.20+retry, which is a direct descendant
> of Mike Mitchell's 1.NOVM.17+retry adaptation-to-NOVM of my original
> 1.1.10+retry patch. My logfiles have never had rotational problems.
>
> What shows up in the cache.log file when you send a USR1 signal to the
> Squid process? That'd probably tbe most informative bit of information
> for tracking down the problem...

Hmm.. We'll after second attempts it seems to work pefectly :\ . Log rotation
working perfectly .. Maybe I had a permission error ..I remember chown some
squid directories/files .

Anyway Thanks .. I haven't fully tested the patch yet . But seems to be
boosting the hit rate higher ..

Daryl,

-=>Daryl Lim<=- -| email : daryl@genesis.pakuranga.school.nz