Re: 1.1.17NOVM Connect-Retry Patch

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:37:01 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Daryl Lim wrote:

> Hmm.. We'll after second attempts it seems to work pefectly :\ . Log
> rotation working perfectly .. Maybe I had a permission error ..I
> remember chown some squid directories/files .
>
> Anyway Thanks .. I haven't fully tested the patch yet . But seems to be
> boosting the hit rate higher ..

Great! The best way to evaluate its functioning is to use the command:

        grep retry access.log

This will show you all the retries that took place during the course of
that day's access log. You can also look at the cachemgr.cgi IP cache
contents output to see which addresses have been marked bad.

One thing that I'm trying to figure out is an addition to cachemgr.cgi to
allow you to remove a hostname from the IP cache. I ran into this problem
here when our main web page changed service providers, and thus IP
addresses. I wound up having to stop and restart Squid to get rid of the
old IP cache entry promptly. More later...

        -Mike Pelletier.