Re: Slow-down every 30 secs

From: Anthony Baxter <arb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:11:13 +1100

>>> Geoff Buckingham wrote
> > Unfortunately, we're experiencing the serious slow-down of all
> > connections approximately every 30 secs. - see the attached netstat -w2
> Should this give the value '30' try
> 'sysctl -w kern.update=2'
> However I suspect you really want a stable version of 1.2 with ASYNC IO
> working :-)

Note that at least on Solaris 2.5.1, the default time for flushing async
I/O buffers is also 30 seconds, and has the same effects (system stops
every 30 seconds while the buffers are flushed). It's the kernel variable
'autoup', from memory. (or do a "while true; do; sleep 2; sync; done" type
loop)

Anthony