regular expressions in URLs

From: Fred Donck <fred@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 22:36:33 +0100 (MET)

Experts,

The company I work for makes distinction between internal and external
webserver by their name. The internal URLs look like .*://sww.*company.*
The rest is treated as external. This way a local browser contacts its local
proxy-server, in our case Netscape proxy-server, which routes the traffic
according to the above reg.expr. If a match is found a direct connection
between the proxy and the requested webserver will be created. Otherwise the
request will be forwarded to a proxy higher up in the chain, the firewall.

Is there a way that squid can be configured to perform the same task without
knowing the ip-addresses or hostnames of the 'internal' webservers ??

Please also reply to me personally since I'm not a member of this list.

TIA,
Fred

--
Fred Donck