Re: regular expressions in URLs

From: Fred Donck <fred@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:42:50 +0100 (MET)

In some e-mail I received from Steven Sporen, (s)he wrote me :

> What about using Auto-Proxy config? This opens up quite a few
> possibilities.

Tnx,

I know of this possibility and I'm using it myself but there are some more
issues that I have not described because I thought it was not relevant.

The company I work for has more than 150 sites around the world all with their
own local networks. These networks are firewalled so that only a few
machines (ie proxy-servers) have access to those webservers.

I can't make the other companies open up their firewall to any client around
the world. I know that installing a squid mesh or hierarchy would solve a lot
of problems but people higher up the organisational ladder have decided that
Netscape is the way to go. Something I don't necessarily agree with.

This is why I would like to see URL pattern matching to work.

Fred

--
Fred Donck
e-mail : fred@donck.com                   Voice/Fax/Mobile : +31-70-3112374